Text Messaging Outcome
Embed Size (px)
Text of Text Messaging Outcome
- 1. Text Messaging Outcome The Pros and Cons of the text message
- 2. Lets Play A Game!....
- 3. Decode these text message phrases...Round ONE!!! GO!
- 4. Round Two Go!!!
- 5. Text Messaging Pros A positive light shed on the text message phenomenon
- 6. Text Messaging and Libraries
- Condensed versions of classic literature made into texts
- Information about the availability of requested library materials
- Over-due book reminders through text messages
- Ask a librarian a question through a text message
- Market library services and events through text messages
- 7. and Text Messaging
- Movie theatre locations and show times
- Product Price Comparisons
- Simple fact-based questions (source will be provided)
- 8. Two-way text messaging used with deaf students at the secondary level
- Increase in independence of deaf adolescents
- Text messaging reduces parents worry and anxiety about childs safety and well-being
- Increase in literacy skills
- Increase in deaf students attendance of after school activities
- Increase in teamwork and socializing skills
- 9. Text Messaging Cons The disadvantages that come with the advancement of text messaging
- 10. CHEATING!!!
- University students caught using text messages as a means of cheating on exams
- Small cell phones make it easy to sneak one in during an exam and use it to retrieve answers from either friends or the internet (i.e. Google)
- 11. Text Messaging and teenage sleeping habits
- Teens are text messaging one another throughout the course of the night and not receiving an adequate amount of sleep..... making them tired during the day.
- 12. Text Messaging and its impact on driving performance
- Text messaging is a driving distraction
- Increase in accidents due to text messaging
- Road safety concerns for all drivers
- 13. And to conclude
- Text messaging is a new, rapidly evolving form of communication
- Text messaging is crossing into the realm of mainstream culture; becoming a very common practice
- Questions or Comments????