Social Networking Media. How the software vendors should use it. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Stumbleupon case studies.
- 1. Social Networking Media How the software authors should use it?Adriana Iordan Web Marketing Manager / Avangate http://www.avangate.com
2. Social Network Media?
just for fun / waste of time , just noise 3. Traditional & New Marketing
- Traditional + New Media Marketing =Effective Marketing Mix
- limited distribution channels
- New Media Marketing (examples)
- multi directional communication
- authenticity & transparency; informal
- user created content (co-creation)
- blogs, social networks, SMM
- Unlimited distribution channels
Gapingvoid.com 4. Why incorporate Social Networks?
- Consumer Internet Barometer(2008)surveys:
- At least1out of5social network users log on to blog or meet new people.
- Among the 30 and over working-age population,1out of8uses social networking sites to conduct business.
- Currently,1out of every4people online visits social networking sites
ComScore : Facebook :123.9 million unique visitors/May2008 MySpace's 114.6 million unique visitors/May2008 5. Why incorporate Social Networks?
- Targeted increase of website traffic
- Creating positive brand association
- Control of the search results
Social media profiles in Google People prefer doing business with those they know! 6. Basic rules on New Media Marketing
- Basic rules of New Media Marketing
- Transparency & authenticity
- Learn to listen, have a personality
- Encourage the conversations
- Try to add value to your industry and community
- Connect with the influencers / help them find you
- Create content and products worth talking about
- Build communities instead of doing communications
7. Microblogging for lifestreaming
- Twitter social networking tool + micro-blogging
- Build connections & reach prospects
- Customer support (respond to customer queries)
8. Social Voting Sites: StumbleUpon Social Bookmarking & Networking Website
9. Professional networks: Linkedin
- Easy access to expert advice
10. Social Network: Facebook
- Facebook fan pages, ads and secret groups
- 3 rdparty applications (widgets) quickly
- replacing specialized websites
- Competitive advantage: conversational
- Demographic targeting: ads and flyers
- Homepage sponsored stories (news feeds)
- Top 100 most influential bloggers are on Facebook
11. Marketing Mix
- Launching a new product? A major update?
- Differentiate and innovate
- Release and ask for feedback
- Youtube, Flickr, Facebook, Linkedin
- Measure the effectiveness
gapingvoid.com 12. VMWARE Success Story
- Social Networking is of such importance for the VMWARE company that it has build a meeting place for all its communities:www.vmworld.com
13. VMWARE BUZZ
- VMWARE managed to create buzz around itself in the real sense of the word. It manages 18 blogs and has more than 10 specialized communities build on its own web platform.
- It can be found on all major social media platforms
14. Firefox Success Story
- With the help of its huge community, Firefox managed on June 18, 2008 to break the world record for most downloads in one day: 8,002,530
15. Mozilla Social Networking Strategy
- Social Networking strategy:
- Firefox fan page on Facebook
- Firefox fan page on other social networking
- Official Firefox YouTube channel
- + Traditional public relations
16. Firefox Buzz
- A real success community really starts when it grows by itself.
- Immediate actions to take:
- Use an RSS Reader and subscribe to feeds
- Start a free company / personal blog / start micro-blogging
- Open a free page on Facebook
- Create a free Linkedin account
- Check your website content and start networking!
- Adriana Iordan, Web Marketing Manager / Avangate
- Some traditional good old marketing: Avangate Digest Newsletter