Embed Size (px)
from the VBusiness Expo on 26 April 2008. An overview of the different approaches and challenges to researching online identity in social virtual worlds and online games
Text of Researching Avatars
- 1. Researching Avatars Aleks Krotoski University of Surrey, Guildford vBusiness Expo, Second Life 26 April 2008
- 2. Why?
- Who are your current customers and what makes them happy?
- Who are your potential customers and what will convert them?
- What can we learn about the offline from the online?
- 3. Research Methods
- 4. Qualitative Analysis
- Takes longer than you think
- 5. Quantitative Analysis
- Largesse multiplied by largesse
- 6. Online vs Offline
- 7. Recruitment
- Social Networking across the metaverse
- 8. Participation
- Welcome to the gift economy
- Trust is the most important currency online
- Remember the human behind the avatar
- 9. [email_address] http://www.toastkid.com