Jump Start Your Business With Grant by Bugs Tan on the 15th Dec 2009 at Plug & Play Kuala Lumpur
1. Jumpstart your Business with Cradle Grants! 15 th December 2009 Plug & Play Technology Garden, Mid Valley City KL Sharing by Bugs Tan
2. About Uncle Bugs A LOVE BUG... Name : Bugs Tan Age : 49 years old Nationality : Malaysian M status : Happily Married Children : 2 Young Inventors Profession : Inventor / Author Nos. of Inventions : Filed 15 inventions to his name. Other talents : Adjunct Lecturer, Facilitator and Thinker Sports : Former National Cricket Player
3. Winner - National Innovation Award Mr. Bugs Tan receiving the Award from the Prime Minister
Mr. Bugs Tan Receiving the Award in Mumbai INDIA
International Excellent Award for Innovation - Mumbai INDIA All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009
5. National Industrial Design Award
Bugs Tan receiving the Award from the Ministry of Domestic Trade & Consumer Affair
National Inventor Award Multi-locking Pulley MOSTI Malaysia 2000
Short listed National Inventor Award MOSTI Malaysia 2001
Silver Medal Multi-locking Pulley Switzerland 2001
Silver Medal Extruded Alum Coupling ITEX Malaysia 2002
Bronze Medal Light Weight Grating ITEX Malaysia 2002
Bronze Medal Multi-locking Pulley S&T Malaysia 2003
Nominated SMI Award Innovator / Entrepreneur SMI Malaysia 2004
National Innovator Award Lite-walk Grating System MOSTI Malaysia 2007
Int Excellent Innovation Award Bugs Tan Indira Institues INDIA 2009
Industrial Design Award Lite-walk Grating Ssytem MyIPO Malaysia 2009
Winner of 10 National Awards
7. Pulley Coupling Chiller Can Singing Donation Box Drugs Mixer Out Door Air-cooler Katapila Track Machine Fan Filta Combo Spoon Grating panels Vibrating Earring Animations Invention Workbooks Stories For Kids Bugs Range of Inventions
8. Evaporative Air Cooler AIRBOND SDN BHD www.airbond.com.my
All Copy Rights Reserved Airbond 2009 TM
9. Application: Industrial Application Printing, Packaging, Food processing, Textiles, Garments, Plastic injection, Die-casting, Spray coating, Machining, Fabrication, Rubber processing, Greenhouse, Farming, Flower, etc . Public Area Application Petrol Station, Bus Station, Community Hall, Canteen, Flea-Market, Outdoor Function, Sport Complex, School Hall, Basement Car Park, Public Toilet, etc . All Copy Rights Reserved Airbond 2009 TM
10. TV Cartoon Breaker 10 episodes of one minute each. In each episode Amelia will stumbled across a problem she encountered at home or in school. She will then give it a thought to find ways to solve it. Once she has conceptualized an idea, she will say "I've got an idea". She will then create a new gadget to solve that particular problem.
11. How to be Creative ?
Turning Ideas Into Innovations
12. Secret of a Successful Inventor
Mind is the forerunner
of all Inventions - Bugs Tan
Due to its invisibility to our naked eyes, most people are ignorant of its present. Turning Ideas Into Innovations
13. Turning Ideas Into Innovations Turning Ideas Into Innovations
14. Step 1 - Start by conceptualizing an Idea
This world is not a perfect place.
There is so many things you can create to make life better.
Being observant is the starting point
Look at things around you at home, work or play.
There should be something you can invent.
Look through your eyes, conceptualize with your mind Turning Ideas Into Innovations
15. Step 2 Check Your Idea 1. Is your idea new? 2. What does your friends think about your new idea? 3. Do you think you can make a working model? 4. Do you have the money to spend on this project? 5. Do you have the time to work on this project? 6. Are you able to get help for this project? 7. Do you know who are your customers? 8. Are you sure they will buy your product? 9. Do you know the cost to manufacture this product? 10. Are you sure you can make a good margin? Turning Ideas Into Innovations
16. Step 3 - Raise fund for your Project
Raise fund by applying a CIP 150 grant
Or, use your own fund
Turning Ideas Into Innovations
17. Step 4 - Make a Prototype / Working Model
Create a working model to see if it works.
You will need to do most of the work by yourself. There will be a need to buy materials, seek special services, outsource certain processes, monitor the work, take the work back to the workshop and a host of other things that would need your attention. Amelia testing the concept of a multiple remote control switch for florescent light Turning Ideas Into Innovations
18. Step 5 - Filing a Patent
Filing a patent gives you the rights over your idea for 20 years.
However, it will be a waste of effort and money if your product cannot sell.
The first person to file a patent is the rightful owner to that idea.
You can file a patent by just having an idea Turning Ideas Into Innovations
19. Step 6 Do a Valuation for Your Invention
It puts a price on your new invention
Its a tool to bring potential investor to the discussion table
It allows your potential investor to understand your invention
All new technology has a price to it Turning Ideas Into Innovations
20. Step 7 - Commercialization Route to Commercialization 2. Licensing Earn Royalty through Licensing 1. Sell off your Invention Sell your IP out-right 4. Seek investors Family members Friends Angels / VCs 3. Seek Synergy Partners JV with Entrepreneur
Apply a CIP 500 grant
Commercialization - Manufacturing & Marketing Turning Ideas Into Innovations
21. Mobile 013- 388 7800 Blog www.uncle-bugs.blogspot.com Email [email_address] Website www.bugstan.com Terima kasih!