1. Known Knowns Known Unknowns Unknown Knowns Unknown Unknowns
2. What are you going to tell people about this conference? Make a couple of notes, if you like
3. This is not about Not swearing Speaking or writing more clearly Clean programming language NLP clean language (related, but not the same)
4. Whats Clean Language? A precision inquiry technique Designed for exploring the metaphors which underpin peoples thinking and which drive their behaviour Created by David Grove 1950-2008 Open source Ripe for exaptation
5. For you, this conference was like what? Theres no right or wrong answer whatever comes to mind is fine
6. Quick Clean Language Ask only at the start: For you, this conference was like what? Then ask in any order, as many times as you like: What kind of X? Is there anything else about X? X represents one or more of their words
7. What did you notice when you were being asked the questions?
8. Clean Language Elements Paying attention listening, noticing Directing attention questioning Appreciating uniqueness modelling Can work with metaphor, or not
9. Metaphor Describes one thing in terms of another Specifically, describes the abstract in terms of the familiar Love is like a bottle of gin, but a bottle of gin is not like love Condenses information Involves both sides of the brain plus the heart and gut brains
10. How could you use this? Discuss specific ideas Practice asking Clean Language questions about ordinary stuff Ask in any order, as many times as you like: What kind of X? Is there anything else about X?
11. Clean Language Results At Liverpool John Moores University: one tutor group of 9 people all got Firsts proportion of Firsts or 2.1 went from 49% to 75% Amphora Agile coaches across Europe
12. And when, for you, this conference was like that, what would you like to have happen next? What kind of X? Is there anything else about X?
13. Where To Learn More Go to judyrees.co.uk for a free ebook Join Olaf Lewitz and me on a two-day workshop http://bit.ly/2neatIQ
14. What difference does knowing all of this make? What will you tell people about this conference now? judyrees.co.uk @judyrees