2. Why do we shoot photos?In most cases , we want to convey something we saw to someone.What is the biggest frustration?
3. Just because something looks cool in real life , youcant always point a camera and get good picture.Why?Photograph is bounded by a 2D frame and the viewer reads the elements , content with in the frame to understand and recognize what is that you are showing them. And The success of doing that basically depends on how you choose to compose them.
4. So what is Composition? Composition is the way you frame your scene. Composition is arranging the tones , forms , elements in such a way that is pleasing to eyes Composition is leading your viewer eyes directly to the subject.Composition is taking away the distraction between the camera and the subject.
5. What is a bad Composition? Eyes will wander around to figure out the subject Viewer will be confused on what to look at. No precise subject. Distraction between subject and viewerNot eyes pleasing.
6. Guidelines of Composition Rule Of Third Looking SpaceLeading lines Perspective/POV Simplicity Balance Negative Space
7. * Rule Of ThirdPlacing your subject on the intersection of the line(green dots) will make your subject look more balanced and naturally our eyes tends to move towards these points first. Rule of third is one of the most basic compositional concept and probably widely used.
8. *Looking spaceLooking Space is when you keep enough space on the side your subject is looking Looking Space helps to maintain the mystery that the subject is looking at. It can be best illustrated with visual examples.
9. *Leading linesLeading lines are a guiding element of the photograph which guides the viewer eye Toward the subject , away from the subject. some times the lines and shape it create is Lines creates interesting shapes in a photograph.Leading lines helps find the main subject and demonstrate direction of motio Leading lines are connectors along which the eye travels effortlessly. They provide direction connection and motion.
10. Perspective/Point of View When ever we go shooting 70-80% of our shots are normally of same height. We point and shootPoint of View is a critical compositional decision. It allows you to Capture a boring mundane subject to something interesting. Display an interesting composition that would that would otherwise be borin Influence your emotion.
11. How Perspective/Point of View influence your emotion?1. High angle: In High angle , camera is above the subject1. Choosing the subject below the eye level
12. 2.Low angle In low angle camera is below the subject
13. In High angle characte Look Weak ,submissiv Frightened.In Low angle characters look dominant, aggressive, or ominous
14. Simplicity Simplicity is the hallmark of good composition. Simplicity makes it more easy for the viewer on where there eyes should go. Our eyes can easily avoid the distraction but camera captures it all --First decide what is your subject, what are you really trying to capture--Take a picture and observe it. -- Deduct whatever taking the attention that the main subject deserve. Getting closer is one way of simplifying since it crops out unnecessaryWorking the shotOnce you get the impulse of an excellent shot you can get, move and keep taking dozens of picture. Read your pictures make necessary changes and ke working for the shot
15. Balance Every elements in a frame has a certain graphical compositional weight. Be it a mountain , a person or anything that occupies a part of image.If you consider you images to be a see saw , the elements on the left and right(top an side seek for the balance which is also called compositional balance.Balance is more about feeling , you have to feel for it. It will eventually comeyou start to look for your subject to balance.
16. Negative Space Negative space is area surrounding the subject in a photograph and your main subject of focus is the positive space.Negative space defines and emphasizes the main subject of a p drawing your eye to it. It provides "breathing room", giving your eyes somewhere to rest and preventing your image from appearing too cluttered with "stuff
17. The main concern of all the guidelines is make the picture feel good , eye pleasing and subject oriented.