Text of Architecture: Gothic, Graeco-Roman, and Byzantine
1. Gothic architecture is a style of that flourished during the high and late medieval period. It evolved from Romanesque architecture and was succeeded by Renaissance architecture. Its characteristic features include the pointed arch, the ribbed vault and the flying buttress. Originating in 12th-century France and lasting into the 16th century, Gothic architecture was known during the period as Opus Francigenum ("French work") G o t h I c
2. Basilica Minore de San Sebastin located at Plaza del Carmen, and the eastern end of Claro M. Recto St.
3. Basilica Minore de San Sebastin located at Plaza del Carmen, and the eastern end of Claro M. Recto St.
4. Basilica Minore de San Sebastin was first built in 1621
5. St. Anne Church Molo, Iloilo City On August 4, 1886, Dr. Jose Rizal on his way back to Manila from his exile in Dapitan, Gothic- Renaissance architecture built in 1831
6. built 1870- 1886 San Isidro Labrador Parish Church San Fernando, Cebu The structure's rose windows and flamboyant arches depict Gothic influences
7. Graeco-Roman architecture is the architecture of the Roman world that followed the principles and style established in ancient Greece. The most representative building of that era was the temple. Other prominent structures that represented the style included government buildings, like the Roman Senate, and cultural structures, like the Colosseum. Graeco-roman
8. St. Catherine of Alexandria Parish Church Carcar City, Cebu It has Graeco-Roman and Muslim features. built in 1860
9. Sta. Teresa de Avila Parish Church Talisay City, Cebu The structure bears influences of Greek and roman built in 1836
10. Byzantine architecture is the architecture of the Byzantine Empire, also known as the Later Roman or Eastern Roman Empire. This terminology is used by modern historians to designate the medieval Roman Empire as it evolved as a distinct artistic and cultural entity centered on the new b y z a n t I n e
11. Sta. Monica Church Pavia, Iloilo City red brick church of Byzantine style built by Spanish Augustinians around
12. Sta. Monica Church Pavia, Iloilo City red brick church of Byzantine style built by Spanish Augustinians around